Device: PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, wireless printer, blu-ray/dvd player, Amazon Echo, Google Chromecast, Amazon Firestick, Apple-TV, Roku, and smart TV's
Smart Devices and Gaming Systems need to connect to our Public network - the step by step process for connecting to the HC-Public network is as follows:
- Locate your device's MAC address. The MAC address is usually located within the device's network settings, or it can be listed physically on the outside of the device next to the serial number. A sample MAC address looks like 01-23-45-67-89-AB. If you're having trouble locating your MAC address try a Google search, contact the IT help desk, or see this resource.
Note: For Amazon Echo Dot MAC Address Location
-Download Amazon Alexa App from App Store or Google Play
-Follow the steps for Manual Set Up
-Go into Wi-fi settings and connect to Amazon-XXX
-Return to app and scroll down to find devices Mac - Address
- While connected to the HC network with your laptop or smartphone, navigate to our clearpass login portal located at: https://clearpass.hastings.edu/guest/auth_login.php
- Login into the clearpass portal using your Hastings College username and password. Please note that your username is your email without the @hastings.edu.
-Example: firstname.lastname@example.org john.smith is the user name...
- Once you have logged in you may now manage up to 5 devices on the HC-Public network.
You manage the devices by entering in the MAC address that you located in step 1.
- Once you have added your device's MAC address you will now unplug the device from the wall for 20 minutes. Then you may connect to the HC-Public network by selecting it from the list of networks shown on your device.
Note: Amazon Echo Dot
-Device does not need to be unplugged
Once HC-Public is selected; a browser will pop up and send you to a webpage to confirm your connection to the Wi-Fi network.
- For wired Ethernet connections in the residence halls, please follow the same steps listed above. This process will need to be done for any Laptop/Desktop OC/Apple Computers that connects via Ethernet cable as well. Please note that you will not need to do these steps to connect your laptops or PC to the wireless HC network.
- Email email@example.com for any additional assistance.